Sunday, March 23, 2014

Thoughts on DIVERGENT!

AHHH how excited were you to watch Divergent, assuming you have watched it already? I cannot even contain my excitement and passion for how much I loved the movie! Veronica Roth did an amazing job with the series and if you haven't gotten the chance to read all books in this trilogy, well, what are you waiting for? GO, read it!! If you are into that futuristic, sci-fi, adventure, and romance book, this is definitely something you will love!

Okay, let's talk about the movie. Hold on, SPOILER ALERT..in case I do spoil something that is not intended! What did you think? I loved the movie even though a lot of people say it did lack a lot of detail. But, I feel like so many novels turned into movies always lack detail and it is something we as the viewers should expect. Honestly, I just loved all the actors in Divergent. At first, I actually had trouble imagining Shailene Woodley playing Tris and Theo James playing Four, but their chemistry built in the movie was absolutely beautiful and I don't think I can wait any longer for Insurgent to come out!!! Shailene is seems like such an adorable, genuine person and in my opinion really fits Tris' character. Theo James is just so masculine and at first glance you would think he was a flat character with not many emotions. However, the scene with Tris and Tobias (aka Four) on the balcony after he saves her and she ends up staying at his place, honestly makes you wish there were more Four's out there! He shows her his tattoos on his back and reveals how genuine he really is. Tris falls for him and they share their first kiss, which was so romantic! I thought I loved Peeta and Katniss, but now it seems I have fallen for Tris and Four! What I love about these to movie couples is how much chemistry you can see between them in real life too! After I watch movies/shows that I love and get obsessed with, this usually follows me taking a handful of online quizzes and watching their interviews in real life. The excitement cannot be contained!! So, overall, I give Divergent an A++, I absolutely loved it!! Also, if you haven't listened to the Divergent soundtrack, you definitely should! I especially love Ellie Goulding's songs in the album, and am currently listening to them non-stop! Anyways, tata for now, I hope you enjoyed this blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment